Friday, March 21, 2008

Our Baby King

As long as I've known Mark, especially once we moved in together, I've wanted to get a dog. I grew up with dogs all my life. But I didn't want some yippy little rat-dog, I wanted a good-sized, rough and tumble type of dog. Luckily for us, a guy that worked at his restaurant had to get rid of his 3 year-old golden retriever, King. We got him in September and quickly fell in love. He is the sweetest, calmest, quietest dog I've ever met. A friend of Mark's dad has a female golden and I asked him, jokingly, if he wanted to make puppies. Well, he dropped his female dog off the next day and we haven't heard from him since. It's been almost two weeks! The dogs like each other but we don't have any idea if they're planning on making puppies anytime soon. It's hilarious coming home to two big dogs, especially when King starts fighting for our attention; but, at the same time, we have no idea how long we're going to have this other dog at our house. Who knows, though, maybe next year we'll have a baby King and a baby Prince!

No comments: