Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things I thought about today...

* I love the toilets at Long Beach State. They have flushers on the floor designed so that you flush with your foot instead of your hand. Ingenious.

* I had a dream last night that one of my students smiled at me. Not that she spoke to me or achieved extreme success in the classroom. Just a smile, is that so much to ask? She's my "project" this year. I guess, technically, they are all my "projects."

* Dodgers' magic number is 2 (at this moment)! We got our playoff tickets in the mail today!!!

* I wonder when Colin's 1st birthday party will be. I wonder when the twins' first communion is. I hope we can make it to both.

* I love driving 90 mph with the windows down listening to Jethro Tull and then Led Zepplin and then something from The Little Mermaid soundtrack. I love Sirius radio.

* Why can't we all just get along? This is my last year as department chair...ok, maybe not!

* The Santa Ana winds can kiss my fat (but slowly slimming) booty. It was 91 degrees when I got out of school this afternoon and it is supposed to be even hotter tomorrow! It's almost October for crying out loud!

* Mark's off this weekend, where are we going to go?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, Colin is adorable. Such a cute baby with those huge blue eyes!!!

Kristi said...

The plan (for now) regarding Colin's birthday is since his actual first birthday is on a Friday that we will probably celebrate it with extended family on Saturday 1/31. We hope that you guys will be able to make it!! Sorry for having a baby so close to Christmas :(