Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another perfect day!

Mark and I had another great Sunday off together today. Today was the last day that the restaurant is closed, grand opening is tomorrow! So, all managers and team members were off today to get their heads in the game.

We woke up when we felt like waking up (one of my absolute favorite things about having the day off) and went to Subway for lunch. We then headed back down to the beach that we went to a few weeks ago. It was so beautiful then that we thought we'd try it again. Well, several things weren't right this time around. First, seaweed was EVERYWHERE. Now, I know that the ocean is a natural body and seaweed a naturally occurring thing but, really, it's gross. I hate the way it feels wrapped around my ankles and thighs. Second, the waves were HUGE. Finally, the rip tide was super strong. A lifeguard actually swam out to us to tell us to get our booties closer to shore or else we'd be carried out to sea. That's all I really needed to hear. We swam in a bit closer then headed to shore. Mark then took our boogie board out to show me how it's done. He caught a few waves then we laid out for a bit.

When we got home, we BBQ'd with Mark's parents and his sister, Tina. There was lots to eat and I drank almost an entire bottle of champagne myself! Needless to say, it was a really great dinner.

Finally, to top it all off, Mark and I got our beach cruisers that hadn't been ridden in almost a year and took off to Blizzberry. Blizzberry is my new addiction. You serve yourself soft serve frozen yogurt and top with whatever you want and then they charge you by the ounce. It's similar to Pinkberry or Yogurtland or some other derivative of the same. My favorite concoction has been strawberry and raspberry yogurt topped with strawberries, blackberries (my absolute new favorite), raspberries, and sprinkles. Delicious. After we ate our yogurt we rode our bikes around Downey for a good hour or so. Maybe even longer than that. It was the best bike ride of my life, I felt 13 again!

We are now choosing a movie to watch while we enjoy a bottle of wine. A perfect ending to a perfect day.

1 comment:

Seachelle said...

Sounds like a beautiful day!