Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever


I had a crazy busy weekend that consisted of mostly fun things and nothing like laundry or cleaning at all! I'm paying for it now, but it was nice at the time.


Friday night I went to a Lia Sophia jewelry party at the house of a girl from work. I bought a couple things but, most importantly, booked a party of my own! Mark thinks I got swindled but you get so much free and/cheap stuff just for hosting a party. I'm not out any cash so I figured I'd give it a shot. My party will be June 14th at 1:00 in our backyard. I can't wait to have people over!


Saturday afternoon I had to take an educational technology test in order to get an endorsement on my teaching credential. I feel like I did fine and I always do really well on standardized tests but until I see the results I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Saturday night I went to Prom! Well, I just stopped by actually. A few of my students decided to go as a group - they did the whole thing, pre-Prom party, limo, etc. I went to their pre-Prom and took a gazillion pictures and then met them at the dance to be sure they got in okay and were comfortable and all that jazz. About 40 minutes into the dance they were telling me to leave. What a great experience for them all! I then went home and finished up my final group project for an educational research class that I was taking this semester.


Mark had the day off on Sunday so we washed the cars and took the top off of the Jeep. We then headed about 2 hours up the 101 to Oxnard and the California Strawberry Festival. It was ridiculously hot, especially after roasting in the car for that long but the strawberries were delicious. We had strawberry pizza and strawberry beer too! Along the way, we had stopped to pick up Mark's friend Dave (the guy who introduced us) and we met up with his wife for dinner after the strawberry festivities were over. Overall it was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I totally want to see some prom picturs. How sweet of you to go. I'm sure they loved it.

Unknown said...

Yum, strawberries...my favorite! We have the Bratfest this weekend. I'm not much of a brat-eater but Scott is. I go along to watch the horse show :)