Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Morning...

I woke up Friday morning to the sound of rain beating our roof. Rain! I love rain every once in awhile and I hadn't seen it in months! It had stopped by the time I left for work but the sky was still very dark and gloomy (in the best way possible). When I exited the freeway, the clouds above my school had parted and the beautiful orangey, red of the sunrise gleamed through. It looked as though someone had taken a paintbrush and swiped the sky with a mix of these beautiful warm colors. At moments like these, when the sky looks especially beautiful, my thoughts turn to heaven and those I love. On this particular morning, October 31, I thought of both of my grandmothers. My mom's mom passed away on November 1st when I was 9 and my dad's mom passed away on October 27 when I was 18. Both ladies were very special to me. When I got out of my car at school, I looked to the sky and saw the most beautiful double rainbow I have ever seen. In that moment, I knew that my grandmas were looking down on me and I felt them smiling.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Beautiful post. I wish I could have known them personally.