Monday, November 17, 2008

Update

Is it crazy to anyone else that Thanksgiving is next week already?!?! I just can't believe how fast time flies...

I only had to work four days last week due to the Veteran's Day holiday. I took advantage of the day off and got my hair cut. It's been in desperate need for months now, I haven't had a cut since March! I decided to go with bangs. They're still growing on me and I may just let them grow out but it was something different to try. Afterall, it is only hair.

My weigh-in went as expected this past weekend, considering I had missed the last two meetings. I gained 1.2 lbs. I told my leader that I am doing a heck of a job maintaining my weight. Too bad I have 20 lbs to lose! At least I went to the meeting. My leader gave me props for that decision. With the holidays upon us, going to the meetings will at least keep my mind focused and I won't gain as much as I would if I wasn't going to meetings. Plus, not going to Michigan for the holidays will help me from overindulging. I tend to REALLY overdo it with Jet's Pizza and Phoenix Coney Island!

My softball team has become kind of sad. With all of our busy lives, I don't think we've had the whole team together all season. Instead, we have subs filling in and, while it's still fun, we're having difficulty winning. This past Friday, the other team forfeited so we get the W.

November is pretty relaxed at Long Beach State. My Tuesday night class hasn't met all month, though we do have assignments to be working on. It has helped to have the extra evening to get stuff done.

Mark's dad turned 67 on Friday - Happy Birthday Nosh! The spent the day at the racetrack and we had dinner all together. It was a nice evening.

Life is good. It really is busy and time really is flying by but I'm happy and healthy and things have been good.

1 comment:

Seachelle said...

That's sad about your softball team. Angela ran into that a couple summers with her team. It was a lot like your experience. She still had fun, but there wasn't much team cohesion...and it's much more difficult to win.