Sunday, May 17, 2009

F'ing A!!!!

I try to keep all of my vulgarity to myself and rarely use it here. BUT, we just had maybe the scariest earthquake I've ever experienced!!! We are all okay but I'm still shaking.

Thank goodness Mark was home with me. Otherwise, I'd have really freaked out. We were standing in the middle of our room and the earth started to rumble a bit. Mark said "whoa, earthquake" and took me by the hand, knowing that I was going to freak. We started out to the yard, the dog was still chillin' on the floor at this point because it really wasn't that bad. But, then the whole place jolted. It was the craziest, scariest, most out of control feeling I've ever felt. The dog freaked out, I grabbed him by the collar, and the three of us ran out into the yard. We heard some crashing and things moving around but can't figure out what exactly broke.

The quake was centered in Lennox, which is 15.6 miles from us and the magnitude was 5.0. The Northridge quake was 6.7 and the earthquake last summer, before our road trip, was a 5.5 but was 29 miles from us.

No comments: