Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thoughts

I just got off the phone with my good friend, Karen. It's her 29th birthday today and we had a great, long conversation catching up and discussing the difficulties of growing older. It sucks but growing up sure does happen to us all. She informed me that her brother, who lives in Japan, was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma and that he's awaiting further test results to determine what stage it is in. She said that he seems positive and that Lymphoma is actually curable so he is hopeful that it is in a beginning stage. When thinking happy thoughts, please send some her way. I know she and her family could use them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I talked to Joe yesterday. He says the bone marrow test was normal and that means he is in stage I (earliest stage) and that has a 90% cure rate. He's in the hospital now for about 40 days of chemo and he says so far it seems like everything is going well. Thanks for the well wishes!!