Saturday, October 4, 2008

OK, Fine!

After my Aunt Robin responded to my post about my weekly weigh in, I felt supported, motivated, and a little bit guilty. So, I dragged myself out of bed early this morning and went to a meeting. Of the 2.2 lbs that I lost last week, I gained back 2. Not a good week, but I knew it hadn't been. Sometimes, though, the leader seems to be speaking right to me and the topic of the week seems to be written just for my circumstance. Of course, I know that's not the case but the topic of this week was about learning from past mistakes in order to be successful now and in the future. The leader ended with the thought that it's ok not to be perfect and it's ok to have bad weeks. It's even ok to gain once in awhile if you are learning from your mistakes. She said that it's our nature to come to meetings when we know we've done well but the moment that we feel that we've "been bad" is when we skip a meeting or two. She said that that's when we need to be there the most. I seriously had tears in my eyes, she really hit a chord. Needless to say, I'm so happy that I went to the meeting this morning. I've decided to make Saturday morning my regular meeting from now on - she was just so great! Thanks Aunt Robin!

No comments: